Technics 1210

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nu Soul Explosion

These are 2 of my favorite all time Nu Soul/Neo Soul releases and one that is actually new to me but will go down as a must listen as well.


Ms. Erykah Badu's 2007/8 album release, "New Amerykah" is sure to go down in the history books as one the best records/cds of all time. This is Nu Funk Soul to the 10th power. I bought both the cd and lp on vinyl but sold the cd. The vinyl will never leave my collection as long as I can help it. Though I ripped the cd long time ago before I sold it at 160 kbps. So even though its good sound quality I apologize to anyone who is a 320 junkie.
Download @ 160 KBPS


Bilal's Love For Sale irronically never was for sale. It was scheduled to be released in '03, a few years after his first album which came out in the 2001, entitled "1st Born Second." The first album was stellar but the second one in my opinion is even better. However, Universal desided to pull it from commercial distribution before it was ever released on the market because it was leaked on the internet and spread like wildfire that way. Its sad because it for sure deserves an official release. For anyone interested, there is no official artwork for this release. The album artwork accompanied was what I thought was the best of 3 that were created by fans on the net.
Download @ 250+ VBR


Lastly but not leastly we have Georgia Anne Muldrow. She is an incredible songstress, song writer and producer. She's pure magic. I love her futuristic sound. Anyone into progressive soulful sounds will surely enjoy this one. I just bought the cd and received it in the mail just a few days ago. "Worthnothings" is more a mini-album then a full release as 4 of the 7 tracks here are less then 4 minutes. Still every second of sound is worth the listen. Hope everyone lives for this as much as I do.
Download @ 320 VBR

4 comments:

moody said...

thanks for the great posts.

Darling, I LIVE for Ms. Muldrow!!!

"The dirt is the truth, to hell with laundry"

i wish Ms. Muldrow would do some live dates in nyc.

Lady Blacktronika said...

Thank you Moody. I've got to know who you are. LOL. You're a mystery. Are you a follower of my blog yet?

I've got tons more music coming.

moody said...

i will be joining your blog soon. i have to have a friend show me how to upload a photo/avatar. darling, i am up to date as far as music is concerned, but "technically challenged" when it comes to uploading photos,etc. LOL.

Lady Blacktronika said...

LOL. Cool. Can't wait.