Technics 1210

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scherrie & Susaye - Partners


I decided to give this another go round. I have new noise reducing software that just works like a charm. The original rip I did had a lot of his and background noise. It was really annoying. I'm so happy to share this with the world with out the noise previously present.

Enjoy the only release from the dynamic duo of Scherrie Paybe (sister of Freda Payne) and Susaye Green, then Susaye Green-Browne. They formed this duo after the collapse or disolution of The Supremes and said it was supposed to be a Trio but they couldn't find anyone short enough to match them. LOL.

Let it be known that one of my favorite tracks "In The Night", featuring Susaye Green's lead vocals, is most definitely about a booty call. "and if you feel the need in me comin' over you... in the night... don't be shy about you.. you call meeeee." If that's not a invitation for a bootie call I don't know what is. LOL. Susaye Green's voice is just mezmorizing on "When The Day Comes Every Night". I don't mind admitting I enjoyed every minute of having to play it over and over to get the noise reduction just perfect.

Storybook Romance lets Scherrie shine and you can really hear a family resemblance and bit of a vocal trowback to sister Freda Payne's "Livin' For The Beat."

Luvbug is a Funky little number featuring Ray Charles as the Luvbug in question. Its one of my favorite tracks the majority of the world has likely never heard.

My final stand out pic for the release is "I Found Another Love." Its a great disco song of triumph over bad love. Its amazing. I'm sure you all will play it over and over as I have.

Enjoy it. (Click The Pic)

2 comments:

B_4 said...

the link for the Scherrie and Susaye download of PARTNERS does not work. Am I doing something wrong?

Lady Blacktronika said...

No the link wasn't working. I'm gonna make a new link. check back.