Technics 1210

Friday, July 10, 2009

Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent 12 inch

Ok. I finally have a download to share to go with the main video here. Everyone should know this as a bonified classic. Its a smooth mid-tempo Garage style boogie wall shaker. I have loved this song ever since I first heard it on Soul Train in 1986. Ok I'm dating myself, i was 11. LOL. Sadly Ms. Guthrie passed away all too soon from Cancer in 1999. Its so sad when great voices leave the earth.

So as always please click the pic to enjoy.

4 comments:

ron art said...

great post and blog. ill be a regular reader!

Lady Blacktronika said...

Oh great. I appreciate comments. Lets me know its all worth it. Add yourself as a follower of my Mplog. Thanks so much.

Rasmir Mantree said...

Gwen Guthrie was one of my favorite artist from the Paradise Garage. She is truely missed.

Lady Blacktronika said...

I know its sad she passed all too soon.